MIJARC Europe (July 2013). Bridges. In Toolkit: Building bridges for a more inclusive rural Europe (pp. 16-19). Retrieved from https://mijarceuropeblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/toolkit.pdf
This booklet is a result of a youth exchange, which was organized by MIJARC Europe in July 2013, in Romania, in partnership with KLJB (Germany), MRJC (France), YMDRAB (Bulgaria), KLJ (Belgium), EiR (Poland) and APSD Agenda 21 (Romania). The topic of this project was social inclusion.
“The main objectives of this project were to give a chance for youngsters to:
- Be aware of the importance of their active citizenship (at national and European levels) and active participation/initiative as well as a European cooperation to build the Europe we want and need
- Develop self-confidence, creative and critical thinking and overcome their fear of expressing feelings and opinions
- Adopt attitudes of mutual understanding, tolerance and solidarity towards cultural differences in order to build social cohesion within the EU
- Debate youth unemployment reasons and consequences, understanding that creativity and entrepreneurship can be the best tools to succeed
- Think about projects to implement on their local communities to become more inclusive” (3).